Love is like returning to childhood..

Love is like returning to childhood..

There is always an excitement about the next meeting or our next trip together.



You would often find yourself noticing things like gust of wind passing through your ears or the beauty of sunshine filtering through branches.

When with your loved one, the time will stop. You would be in that moment, without any baggage from the past or anticipation of the future.

You would again start writing poetry, and rhymes would automatically start coming out, exactly like how it used to be in childhood.



Small joys would mean everything. Holding her hand would be like getting your favorite candy. Kissing her would be like watching your favorite cartoon serial : unbridled joy. 

You will often create your own worlds, with just you and her, and the rest acting like props, akin to daydreams in childhood where you would imagine being the President of the country.

Every decision would seem so easy, you'll become bold again. Anything that is good for her and which shows your love to her HAS to be done.

There would be just one thing that matters to you the most in the world, she. Similar to how your one best friend meant to you when you were in the school.

For me, love is like a safety blanket. I'm secure in the fact that I am loved and that I have a partner with whom I can face the world and take on all things. It's also uplifting. Like, I sometimes find myself amazed that I can love someone as much as I love my guy. It's a truly incredible feeling, and I think I've only scratched the surface in describing it.

It's beautiful. It's liberating. It's bliss...


0 comments:

Post a Comment